I'll keep it in mind for when I get a minute.

Benjamin Franklin

Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
03/13/2003 10:02 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

        To:     Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        RE: QSH and PASE

Rob, glad it helped, I'm out on a fringe here, but, can you run the
shutdown stuff with QP2SHELL? If there's something you do in the QP2TERM
session, could it be called with the other?

Just a thought

Vern

At 09:29 AM 3/13/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Vern,
>
>Thanks for that.  This is helping to explain some strange behaviors when
>using the PASE version of TSM.  To communicate with the running program
>you use QP2TERM.  I was thinking like a 5250 screen where you call jobs
>etc.  However it is different.  A better example for us traditionalists
is
>that it's like using messages, data queues, whatever to communicate with
>currently running program.  My problem was trying to figure out how to
>shut down TSM under PASE in an orderly fashion, yet do it at night,
>unattended.  IBM can figure out how to start it unattended, but not how
>stop it (at least in an orderly fashion).  Keeping in mind that they
avoid
>DB2 like the plague, therefore a frown can corrupt this data and require
>drastic restore.
>
>Rob Berendt
>--
>
>Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>03/12/2003 02:42 PM
>Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
>
>         To:     Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
><midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>         cc:
>         Fax to:
>         Subject:        RE: QSH and PASE
>
>OS/400 PASE Callable Program APIs
>
>The callable program APIs run an OS/400 PASE program. They are:
>
>- Run an OS/400 PASE Shell Program (QP2SHELL and QP2SHELL2) runs an
OS/400