What's an indicator?  :-)

Benjamin Franklin

"Steve Landess" <steve_landess@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/04/2003 05:28 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

        To:     "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        Re: Newbie - Tab vs. Return

I like the fact that when you leave a required field blank on a source
statement, SEU will highlight the field and position the cursor to the
field
in error.

For example, I would code the CHAIN operation, leaving the indicator field
blank, and press <Enter>.  SEU would highlight the appropriate indicator
field and position the cursor to the indicator field, where I would then
type the indicator number.  To me, this is faster than using the cursor
control (right arrow) key to position the cursor to this field.

Unfortunately, this works better with RPG/400 (OPM) source than with ILE
source.  Since CHAIN now doesn't require an indicator, this technique
doesn't work quite as well...

Steve Landess
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935