Having applied some ptfs it seems the SQL problem is now fixed.

I think this is the PTF that fixed the issue.

Frank Kolmann
PTF/FIX #: SI06871 - Operating System/400
LICENSED PROGRAM: 5722SS1
: SYSTEM  : RELEASE :  LEVEL  : RECOMPILE : LIBRARY  :  MRI   :  APAR     :
:         :         : MIN/MAX :           :          : FEATURE:  FIXED    :
:         :         :         :           :          :        :           :
: iSeries : V5R1M0  :  00/00  :     N     :   QSYS   :  NONE  :  SE08392  :
DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM FIXED FOR APAR SE08392 :
   A setup of replication from DB/2 control center
   between DB2/400(DPROPR) and DB2 on Linux(V7.2) fails
   with MSGSQL0189 (CCSID 954 is not valid) F/QSQROUTE.
   Another problem encountered is MCH3402 in procedure
   F_NULLMAPB in QSQFETCH.

CORRECTION FOR APAR SE08392 :
   Code was added to correctly determine the encoding scheme.
   MSGSQL0189 will no longer be issued for this scenario. Also,
   the MCH3402 F/QSQFETCH problem has been corrected.