De : midrange-l-bounces@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@midrange.com]De la part de
oliver.wenzel@cibavision.novartis.com
Envoye : lundi, 10. fevrier 2003 10:35
A : midrange-l@midrange.com
Objet : Runtime for deleteing lots of records

Hi,

we had run a job this weekend that deleted lots of old records from a file
with about 22 million records. Some
16 million records were deleted with RUNSQLSTM below:

delete from vroirspl where vlcind>000101 AND VLCIND<020901

This has run for about 9hours 15min. Is that okay on an 820 with 210GB DASD
(mirrored 6718) and 3GB ram?
It seems to be quite a long time...

Regards,

Oliver