> From: Philipp Rusch <Philipp.Rusch@rusch-edv.de>
>
> > Don't we all try to live in peace ?
> > Shouldn't we try our best to find a peaceful solution ?

> From: Jerome Draper
>
> Thanks Philipp.  Many patriotic Americans completely agree.  After all,
> don't we all live downstream?

I still have burned onto my retinas the vision of that second plane striking
the tower.  I watched it in stunned disbelief that morning, certain as I was
that it was all a terrible accident.  That was when I still believed that
peace was a natural state, and that no human being, no matter how depraved,
could coldly, callously take thousands of innocent lives.

I can still replay, over and over, as first one, then the other tower
collapses, and along with it my faith that the world was a safe place for
the just, and for the innocent, and for the meek.

I too pray, why can we not live in peace?  I won't say anything more on this
topic, partially because the pain is so devastating.  It is difficult to see
clearly enough to type this.  But I will NEVER forget September 11th, and
until you can promise me that something like that will never happen again,
then this world is not at peace.

Unfortunately, we are still a young species, not far removed from barbarism.
Someday, we may learn to love one another, to truly cherish each other as
individuals and as fellow citizens of the same grand experiment.  Someday
peace may flourish in the shining sun of all mankind.  But not today.  For
today, peace is a fragile flower, and only grows in the shadow of strength.
And if, as it has consistently over the decades, it falls again upon the
United States to provide that strength, then I hope we do so, with
compassion yes, with mercy certainly, but with absolute purpose and utter
conviction.

Do not waver.  Do not forget.

Joe