Scott, can you speak to the current state of Hawkeye, esp. as related to Abstract? I've used both and liked Hawkeye better in the past. However, ASC has a top ten reasons to switch. For one thing, #7, automatic regen of dependent files and programs seems to be in Hawkeye, too, IIRC.

This is not a plug for ABSTRACT. My experience with PathFinder goes back to the time I was at Help Systems, when the 2 companies were mutual resellers. But I have been underwhelmed by the Hawkeye presence on the web.

Here are the 10 points:

1. ABSTRACT is integrated with modern IDE's, with plug-ins to iSeries Navigator and WebSphere Development Studio. Pathfinder is still based on 1980's technology.

2. ABSTRACT offers complete ILE support.

3. ABSTRACT's cross-reference functions have an easy-to-use graphical interface, plus a 5250 host interface. Pathfinder is still only available as a green-screen tool.

4. ABSTRACT includes standard graphical flowcharting, plus support for Visio. Pathfinder users are stuck with spooled file flowcharts.

5. ABSTRACT includes ASC's Esend product (e-mail file and report distribution).

6. ABSTRACT has been continually enhanced to keep abreast with the latest iSeries technology. Pathfinder is virtually the same green-screen product it was 10 years ago.

7. ABSTRACT provides automatic database and program re-creation that can save days of effort if you need to change a physical file.

8. ABSTRACT technical support is second to none in the industry and it's easy to get software updates.

9. With ABSTRACT, your annual maintenance fee supports real enhancements. With Pathfinder, your annual maintenance is just a royalty fee.

10. ASC partners with its customers in growing the product. Can you say the same about Hawkeye?

At 07:24 AM 2/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:
You can schedule how often Hawkeye rebuilds it's cross reference files.  We
do it every night now but used to do weekly.

Scott Mildenberger