The following "C" program allows you to pass in the number of microseconds
to wait (1,000,000 = one second).  So for 1/100 of a second, should be about
10,000 microseconds.....  I'm sure that if my math is wrong someone will
point it out :).... It will also pass back a return code if the sleep failed
for some reason.  You should probably expect a -1 back if you are waiting
less than one second.

#include <unistd.h>
#include <decimal.h>

void cp_delay(decimal(9,0) *duration, decimal(9,0) *return_code)
{
   /* 400 uses four byte integers */
   /* should be large enough to hold 4294967296 */
   /* or approximately 4295 seconds */
   /* or approximately 72 minutes */
   /* or over 1 hour */
   int number_of_microseconds;
   int whole_seconds;
   int fractional_seconds;

   *return_code = 0;

   number_of_microseconds = *duration;

   whole_seconds = number_of_microseconds / 1000000;

   fractional_seconds = number_of_microseconds -
                        (whole_seconds * 1000000);

/* sleep == -1 if sleep failed */
   if (sleep(whole_seconds) == -1)
      *return_code = 1;