Hi Scott

Thanks a lot for the explanation. The scenario for which I'm working is
given below:-
I need to retrieve the IP address of the machines dynamically into a
variable in the CL program.
I need to make this information available to an interfaced system that
might need this for FTP purposes.
The actual IP is needed as the alias name is not available to the other
system.

Actual Scenario:
Same application is running in 3 AS/400 machines and all these 3 AS/400
machines are communicating with a third party  system residing in a non
AS/400 machine, through a single interface system running in one of the
AS/400 machine. I should retrieve the IP address of the right machine as
per the process and inform the non as/400 system. I have the constraint
of being unable to use hard coding or keeping the IP on a control file.

Hope it explains my scenario.

Please suggest me a best approach for this scenario.

Thanks & Regards
Sivasubrahmanian. A
Project Engineer
Wipro Technologies (Finance & Insurance)
Electronics City, Bangalore, India
Phone - 8520408/8520416 x - 4364.