Thanks Vern!

-----Original Message-----
From: Vern Hamberg [mailto:vhamberg@centerfieldtechnology.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 5:22 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Limiting Client Access

Jose

If you right-click on a connection in OpsNav, their is an option called
"Application Administration". You can limit a person's authorization there.
Go down to the "File Systems" area to limit access to objects under QSYS.
Also, look under the "Database" section.

You should also be careful about NetServer shares (Windows networking file
and printer shares).

I recommend looking at Tips and Tools for Securing Your iSeries, which you
probably got with the machine, and is available at InfoCenter. Also, there
are now some Redbooks on Managing you iSeries with Operations Navigator.
Volume 2 is about security, volume 1 discusses Application Administration
in Chapter 12.

Good luck

Vern