Thanks for your replies Todd, Vern.

Yes, I did stop and start Qzdasoinit (many times).  Program uses adopted
authority and public *change.  Library also has public *change.  Even though
it is a cl, I'm setting the return parm as you did below.  Is there anything
special to do in registering the exit program? I just added it using
WrkRegInf.  It seems to be active ok, since it is rejecting attempts to sign
on (I do get the sign on box) in the client program.  The rejection error
says it is due to my exit program, but I can't get debug to break in it or
get the exit program to do anything (like send a message), so I don't think
it is actually executing.  I'm using Access as a client program trying to
connect.

I'll see what I can find on the utility.