"Tim Truax" <truax@telerama.com> wrote:

> Hey guys and gals.
> I have a CLP (1) and it loads (3) RPG programs which ALL access and WRITE
> (1) Print file.
> I want to create only ONE outq entry (currently I am getting 3) ..how
shall
> I do this ?

Tim - Here is a sample CL program and several RPG programs that illustrate
what you are trying to accomplish:

If you call the CL program, it will create ONE QSYSPRT spooled file, that
looks like this:

RPG_RPT1
RPG_RPT2
RPG_RPT3

Hope this helps

Steve Landess
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935

/***********************************************/
/* Example programs using OVRPRTF SHARE(*YES)  */
/* to share an open printer file among several */
/* programs.                                   */
/*  S. LANDESS                                 */
/***********************************************/
PGM

OVRDBF     FILE(QSYSPRT) SECURE(*YES) OVRSCOPE(*JOB) +
             SHARE(*YES)

CALL       PGM(RPG_OPNCLO) PARM('OPEN') /* Open the +
             printer file */

CALL       PGM(RPG_RPT1) /* Uses the printer file +
             already open... */

CALL       PGM(RPG_RPT2) /* Uses the printer file +
             already open... */

CALL       PGM(RPG_RPT3) /* Uses the printer file +
             already open... */

CALL       PGM(RPG_OPNCLO) PARM('CLOSE') /* Close the +
             printer file */

DLTOVR     FILE(QSYSPRT) LVL(*JOB)
ENDPGM

 *-----------------------------------------------------------------
 *   Program Name:  RPG_OPNCLO                                    *
 *   Demonstrate using shared open data path for printer file.    *
 *   This program OPENs/CLOSEs the printer file.                  *
 *-----------------------------------------------------------------
FQSYSPRT   O    F  132        PRINTER       USROPN
 *
C     *ENTRY        PLIST
C                   PARM                    OPNCLO            5
 *
C                   SELECT
C     OPNCLO        WHENEQ    'OPEN'
C                   OPEN      QSYSPRT
C                   RETURN
 *
C     OPNCLO        WHENEQ    'CLOSE'
C                   CLOSE     QSYSPRT
C                   SETON                                        LR
C                   ENDSL

 *-----------------------------------------------------------------
 *   Program Name:  RPG_RPT1
 *   Demonstrate using shared open data path for printer file...  *
 *   This is the first program...                                 *
 *-----------------------------------------------------------------
FQSYSPRT   O    F  132        PRINTER
 *
C                   EXCEPT    DET01
C                   MOVE      *ON           *INLR
 *-----------------------------------------------------------------
OQSYSPRT   E            DET01       1
O                                           20 'RPG_RPT1'

 *-----------------------------------------------------------------
 *   Program Name:  RPG_RPT2
 *   Demonstrate using shared open data path for printer file...  *
 *   This is the second program...                                *
 *-----------------------------------------------------------------
FQSYSPRT   O    F  132        PRINTER
 *
C                   EXCEPT    DET01
C                   MOVE      *ON           *INLR
 *-----------------------------------------------------------------
OQSYSPRT   E            DET01       1
O                                           20 'RPG_RPT2'

 *-----------------------------------------------------------------
 *   Program Name:  RPG_RPT2
 *   Demonstrate using shared open data path for printer file...  *
 *   This is the last program...                                  *
FQSYSPRT   O    F  132        PRINTER
 *
C                   EXCEPT    DET01
C                   MOVE      *ON           *INLR
OQSYSPRT   E            DET01       1
O                                           20 'RPG_RPT3'