Sounds like spam, it is spam unless they double opted in for this type of mailing. Just because you target a specific group does not make it wanted email. Where you got the 3000 email addresses and what they agreed to when they gave their address, determine if it is spam or not. You may also want to look at http://www.spamlaws.com

Do not use the receipt to, use the blind carbon copy, this will keep others from seeing all the email addresses.

Yes it is common for ISP to put a limit on the number of receipt to, carbon copy, blind carbon copy. I do 20 for most of my domains. But if you are not using what they call a smart host or your ISP mail server you do not have to worry about that.

I am not sure there is a normal way. But expect some of the emails to be blocked by spam filters. The hard part is not sending the email, it is getting it to the people who want it. I would look at the format of some bulk emails that you get from the opt in list. They usually have you as the only one listed on the TO.

Now for some words of caution. The odds of some of the 3000 reporting what you send as spam is pretty good. If you are using your ISP mail server and you get them black listed they will not be happy. If you are using your own mail server then you could be reported to your ISP and also get your mail server black listed.

This can really be a sensitive subject, from people who like to get the email to those who want to take your Internet connection away, and not do business with you again.

John Ross
www.netshare400.com