On Sunday 05 January 2003 10:18 pm, Booth Martin wrote:
> I've always felt the typical Help function with iSeries applications
> was woefully short of being useful to the regular user because it
> wasn't able to be updated on the fly.  As an exercise I just did a
> simple FAQ application (1 file, 2 interactive programs).   It has an
> index panel (a subfile) to choose the FAQ to read or edit, and the
> follow-on panel for the individual FAQ.
>
> The application and screenshots are at
>
>  http://www.martinvt.com/Code_Samples/FAQ/faq.html
>
> for anyone interested.  The code is copy & paste.
>
> I would invite anyone interested in the application to download it.
> Ideas and improvements would be most welcome.

Hi Booth

I did something similar for our users -
http://www.dbg400.net/pngdocs7.html - that lets the view program
helptext, and if authorised to update it as they go. A *few* users
bothered with it, but most don't even know it's there - even with the
F1=Help clue at the bottom of each screen :( I usually get comments of
'Great, that'll be really useful, thanks for telling us' followed by
blank looks six months later when I ask them how they're getting on with
it. Such is life ;)

Regards, Martin

--
martin@dbg400.net  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /