<<< snip >>>

Maybe, given Gerstner's new book, someone should suggest the pygmy
elephant as the Iseries logo.

(Can an elephant be a cash cow?)

Brad Jensen
www.elstore.com

This brings up the furture of the iSeries topic. All the noise is about
websphere and web development, java and other such stuff.

How many people are stillw riting RPG for green screens?

<<< end snip>>>

I would have to say that at least 75% of what I do is still green
screen/reports,
that being what drives a business (not pretty graphs), around here anyhow
they
take the data as a flat file if they want something pretty and make their
own,
so emulation use is very high, except in the warehouse, where PC's just
don't have
the life that a dumb terminal does - too many temperature extremes, too many
fork lifts,
too much dust, and too many people afraid of PC's in general (done it this
way for years
kind of attitude around here - which has its good and bad points)

Heck I have even had fun getting people here to embrace ILE, procedures,
sub-procedures,
OO concepts, let alone - speak softly (free format).

Dare I say with pride, we still have #gsort running, why change it, it works
still, some have
even been "converted" to fmtdta.

But we too have been allowed to venture out - I enjoy the new challenges,
but still need to
remember what a M1, H1, MR and U1 mean - oh the pain.

Mark