Ok, I am assuming you have two routers for your network, now. (That is what
I have garnered from your post.)

Technically, you should NOT change your AS/400 default route.  Leave it as
it is.

What SHOULD be changed are the routing tables on your original router.

The AS/400 should still send everything not on it's local subnet to the
default router and that router should then determine if it should be
forwarded to your new router.

You can't have two default routes ... sort of contradictory.  A default
route is the router it sends packets to if it doesn't know where to send
packets to directly.

You can add additional routing entries though.

Go to CFGTCP and option 2 (work with routes)

There you can add other subnets that are not handled by the default route.

Again though, the best and correct way to do this is to add the routing
entries to the original router.  Two reasons:

1) They technically would be more efficient handling packet routing.
2) It makes life easier.  By servers/workstations only ever having one route
entry (default route) you never have to update them.  All you ever have to
update are the routers.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company