anybody have any idea why I'm getting the "Missing operational descriptor" when
doing prototype call to CEEDOD?

$rtvRef is a service program procedure that run in a different activation group.

Here is the PR and PI that uses the CEEDOD

D $rtvRef         pr              N   opdesc
D  pRefCat                       3    value
D  pRefKey                      27    value
D  pRefDat                      90    options(*nopass :*varSize)

 * CEEDOD prototype
DCEEDOD           PR
D Pr_Argnum                     10I 0  Const
D Pr_Dsctyp                     10I 0
D Pr_Dtatyp                     10I 0
D Pr_Dscinf1                    10I 0
D Pr_Dscinf2                    10I 0
D Pr_Arglen                     10I 0
D Pr_FBcod                      12A    Options(*Omit)
* CEEDOD parm fields
D ParmPos         S             10I 0
D DescType        S             10I 0
D DataType        S             10I 0
D DescInf1        S             10I 0
D DescInf2        S             10I 0
D DataLen         S             10I 0
D Dataerror       S             12A

P $rtvRef         B                   export
D  $rtvRef        pi              N    opdesc
D  pRefCat                             value like(REFCAT)
D  pRefKey                             value like(REFKEY)
D  pRefDat                             like(REFDAT)
D                                      options(*noPass :*varSize)

 *
* get the pRefDat length
C                   callp     CEEDOD(3 :DescType :DataType
C                                   :DescInf1 :DescInf2 :DataLen
C                                   :*omit)

P $rtvRef         E