With reference to your http://www.400times.com/FrameData/Pop-up_Calendar:

You want to use the original application to display the "November   2002"
window, and then another application to show other text in the reamining part
of the screen. Is that right.

Try the ASSUME keyword for the non-calender WORKSTN file and be careful not to
over-write.

This is not 'by the book' however, so maybe there will be something that
doesn't work first time. What if the user places the cursor in the calender and
use PgUP/Dwn? You might get help here in the fact that the file information
feed back dataarea has two different cursor positions.

Good luck experimenting

Henrik
http://hkrebs.dk