Angela--

I would be concerned that you're trying to fax a document requesting
a colored background.  Unless the recipient is using a PC to receive
a fax, most (cheaper) fax machines I've seen print black on a clear
background-- color only if the paper is colored.  (:

Email is the same way-- it may look pretty on the screen, but unless
the user has a color printer, it's still going to be black on white.
And if the email program tries to translate color to gray scale, you
may end up with black print on a gray background-- surely not the
best combination of 'colors!'

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.nospam.com

Angela asked:

    Is it possible to force a spool file to have a colored
background?   We would like to fax/email our invoices.  Our credit
department currently prints the invoice out onto a piece of paper
with a light green tint to it.  They would like the fax/email to
have a colored background.   I see in the iSeries News that there is
now the ability to add colors but it sounds like only to the
letters/ lines etc.   Does anyone have a way of doing backgound from
the as/400?