From: Pete Hall [mailto:pbhall@ameritech.net]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 6:44 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: RLSJOB message on QSYSOPR

At 17:42 11/25/2002, Jim Damato wrote:
>We've just had to make a change to our software package so that all
>submitted jobs are submitted on hold then released a few steps later in the
>job submission utility CL program.  (It's a long ugly story, and we're
>trying to find a better way.)  As a result we're getting hundreds of
>messages flooding the QSYSOPR message queue with CPC1163:
>
>Job 123456/WHOEVER/WHATEVER released by user WHOEVER.
>
>We have our operators filtering out severity 00 messages.  I was wondering
>if there's a way to execute the RLSJOB command without triggering the
>message to QSYSOPR.  Does anyone have any bright ideas?

Use the ovrmsgf command to override qusrmsg to a message file of your
choosing. In that message file, use addmsgd to create a message CPC1163,
with no message text or second level text. The system will not insert an
empty message into the joblog. If you're not familiar with ovrmsgf, it
works a little like a library list. If the message ID isn't in there, it
uses the original message file instead, so there's no (minuscule) chance of
unintended consequences.

Pete Hall
pbhall@ameritech.net
http://www.pbhall.us/