Hello, this is my first post on this mailling list.  I found the list through a
search and really found a TON of info!  I recently acquired an IBM 5363 III
from a hospital.  They didn't need it and decided that I could have it, just to
get it out of their way.  Only problem is, it's just the server and the set of
keys.  No disks, books, cables, nothing.   After some research I found out that
it runs System/36 and has TwinAx connections.  They don't have any old IBM dumb
terminals to go with it and they're suprisingly expensive on eBay still, so I
can't dish out that kind of cash just for something to tinker around with.  I
did find a few IBM 5250 ISA emulator cards.  They have a cable that is a y
cable with 2 twinax connectors and one other kind that goes into the card.
My real question is, if I got the card, the cable, the emulator software (got a
copy of TUNemul laying around) and a few feet of twinax cable, would that work,
in theory?   I didn't know if twinax had to have a hub or anything.    What
about terminators?  I'm basically wondering what all I would need to connect an
older P166MMX machine to the 5363 to mess around with it.

Thanks
Jeremy Litton
Sys Admin, Oneida Special School District