David

I think you' should be using

quote rcmd crtsavf . . .

Didn't think this should work at all - WOW!

Vern

At 04:19 PM 11/15/2002 -0600, you wrote:
Has anyone ever seen this behavior before ...

I recently tried to ftp a save file from my PC to our 400 running VR45 ...
here's a transcript of my ftp session ...

[C:/data] ftp mysystem
Connected to mysystem.mks.com.
220-QTCP at mysystem.mks.com.
220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes.
User (mysystem.mks.com:(none)): devdmg
331 Enter password.
Password:
230 DEVDMG logged on.
ftp> cd devdmgwrk
250 "DEVDMGWRK" is current library.
ftp> binary
200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.
ftp> quot crtsavf devdmgwrk/abc123
250 Command QSYS/CRTSRCPF devdmgwrk/abc123 successful.

Notice the command I tried to execute vs. the one that actually did execute?
I my library I had a source pf, not a save file.

We have no exit programs or other modifications that I know of.

Any ideas why this would happen?

david