> From: Mike Haston ** Data [mailto:MJH@jny.com]
>
> There must be some reason M$ runs its business on iSeries!

If they still do, as the urban legend states, then it's more than likely the
very same reason that other businesses tend not to entertain the idea of
switching platforms (*whatever* they are using) - the momentum needed for large
business to switch from say Sun/Oracle to iSeries/DB2 is enormous.

Like having audits, large businesses would rather not *ever* have to switch the
software/hardware that their business runs on. I'm sure there's a critical
business size (number of customers; number of products; or what have you) that
once reached & passed makes it very difficult to do the move in some PhD thesis
somewhere...

--phil