Ray,

If I understand what you are asking.  You want to find where a file or
program (member name) is in a source file and library?  Example:  You have a
file or program called myfile and you want to know if it is in the source
file QDDSSRC or QRPGSRC in library XYZLIB.  If this is true you could use
the command WRKMBRPDM and press F4 to prompt it and key the following:
BOLD wording is what you would need to enter your values in.

                             Work with Members Using PDM (WRKMBRPDM)

 Type choices, press Enter.

 File . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . >  qrpgsrc            *PRV, name
   Library   . . . . . . . . . . . . . >  yourlib             *PRV, name,
*LIBL, *CURLIB
 Member . . . . . . . . . . . . . . >  myfile               *ALL, name,
*generic*...
 Member type  . . . . . . . . . .   *ALL                 *ALL, type,
*generic*...

Then press enter.  If the member exists in  the source file you will  see it
in the subfile screen, see below:

                                                Work with Members Using PDM

File . . . . . . QRPGSRC

Library . . . . FIKEMOD
Position to . . . . .

Type options, press Enter.

2=Edit 3=Copy 4=Delete 5=Display 6=Print 7=Rename

8=Display description 9=Save 13=Change text 14=Compile 15=Create module...

Opt      Member     Type             Text

             P42960F      RPG             Close Stranded Non-Text Lines

You can tab back up to the File and change it to QDDSSRC, QCLSRC, etc. and
you can change the library to any other library where you know source files
exist.

You can also use the command WRKOBJPDM:

WRKOBJPDM   LIB(xyzlib)   OBJTYPE(*FILE)   OBJATR('pf-src')

All of the source files will show up in the subfile list. You can then put a
12 in front of any of the source files you want to see if the member is in
it, press F4 for prompt and type on the Name line your member name and press
enter. If it is in there it will appear in the subfile on the next screen.

 I hope this has helped some and if it has not I apologize.

Jim