Good question.  As a default what exactly happens when the system value
QUPSDLYTIM is hit?  According to the help it powers it down.  How?  Does
it run
PWRDWNSYS OPTION(*IMMED) RESTART(*NO)
?  If so, then would you normally shut down your INS' this way?  Probably
not.  Instead you might want to evaluate changing the system value
QUPSMSGQ, write a program that monitors this message queue.  Keep in mind
VERY brief outages.  You wouldn't want to start a shutdown for a flicker.
Sample,

Monitor msgq
Got a message
Is message power out?
    Then delay a few seconds
    Check message queue to see if power is restored
        If not, then initiate shutdown procedures

Benjamin Franklin

"Ritsema, Doug B" <Doug.Ritsema@hawco.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
11/05/2002 01:10 PM