Loyd

I'm not sure, but here are a couple things to consider from what I've seen:

1. An IBMer I worked with said that all main memory is a map of DASD, or
maybe he said disk. I still can't quite get my mind around that statement.
But it suggests that all memory, even the 16MB you allocated, has an image
on disk (my terms are not official - I'm making them up as I go)

2. You can allocate more than you have in main memory, and it will start
creating segments out on disk - I've seen it in PEX traces

3. 16MB will probably fit in memory, but it also is connected to some
location on disk - not yet written officially until it has been changed
(becomes 'dirty'), maybe - if #1 means this.

I'm going to say that SLS does set aside the space, on disk, that the
pointer is aimed at - probably

Make any sense?

Vern