We use the AS/400 mail server at V5R1.  The email domain is mail.XXXXX.com.

Soon our outside salesreps are going to get new laptop software that, as
an aside, allows them to be accessed via email.  They will transmit
orders and receive updates by dialling into a W2K server PC.

This W2K PC:
============
1) Does not have access to the internet.
2) Does have access to our AS/400.
3) Handles email among these outside reps directly without involving the
  AS/400. (If the mail is sent to the ow. subdomain.)
4) Has as it's email domain ow.XXXXX.com where XXXXX is the same as the
XXXXX in the AS/400 email domain.

Each of those salesreps has an email address on the AS/400 that is
@mail.XXXXX.com.  These are not currently used, but that's the email
address I want them known as to the outside world.  Their address on the
W2K server will be @ow.XXXXX.com.  I want it to appear as if these ow.
addresses don't really exist, if you know what I mean.

I need advice on how to do this, or even if it can be done this way.  I
want it to be as transparent and seamless as possible.  I want the
salesreps to essentially think they only have a single email address,
the one on the AS/400.  Do I want to set up forwarding on the AS/400
email to do this?  Does my ISP need to know the ow. subdomain exists?
Even if all mail is sent to the mail. domain and forwarded by the
AS/400?  I know how to forward individual email addresses on the AS/400.
     What if somebody in the outside world tries to send to the ow.
address by accident?  It would never get there, would it?

I think the ADDSMTPLE command will be needed here, but I can't find any
documentation on it.  There is no online help.  I can't find it in the
V5R1 or V5R2 Infocenter.  I've searched the PTF cover letters, IBM
Software Knowledge Bases (registered and unregistered), midrange
archives, and APARS with no results.

Thanks.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.