All,

Has anybody experienced a "false positive" on CAE V5R1 using the seek method of
the ADO provider?

here is the relevant code:

Set cnDB2 = New ADODB.Connection
cnDB2.CursorLocation = adUseServer
cnDB2.Open "Provider=IBMDA400;Data Source=192.168.1.2;", "",
""
'
Set rsUPCWeb = New ADODB.Recordset
rsUPCWeb.CursorLocation = adUseServer
rsUPCWeb.Index =
"/QSYS.LIB/BPCSCDUSRF.LIB/UPCWEBL6.FILE(*FIRST, *NONE)"
rsUPCWeb.Open "/QSYS.LIB/BPCSCDUSRF.LIB/UPCWEBL6.FILE(*FIRST,
*NONE)", cnDB2, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdTableDirect

sUPCSKU = Mid(rsOrderLines("lprod"), 1, 6) _
        & "-" _
        & Mid(rsOrderLines("lprod"), 7, 3) _
        & "-" _
        & Mid(rsOrderLines("lprod"), 10, 2) _
        & "-" _
        & sTape
If Not IsEmpty(KeyValues) Then
   Erase KeyValues
End If
KeyValues = Array(sUPCSKU, rsOrderLines("lcust"))
rsUPCWeb.Seek KeyValues, adSeekFirstEQ

Here is a DSPFD over UPCWEBL6:

Record format . . . . . . . . . . . . :            IUPCWEB
   Key field  . . . . . . . . . . . . :            USKU
     Sequence . . . . . . . . . . . . :            Ascending
     Sign specified   . . . . . . . . :            UNSIGNED
     Zone/digit specified . . . . . . :            *NONE
     Alternative collating sequence . :            No
   Key field  . . . . . . . . . . . . :            UCUST
     Sequence . . . . . . . . . . . . :            Ascending
     Sign specified . . . . . . . . . :            SIGNED
     Zone/digit specified . . . . . . :            *NONE
     Alternative collating sequence . :            No

sUPCSKU is a string, and the rsOrderLines("lcust") is from iSeries data, packed
6 on
the iSeries, and whatever that translates to in an ADO data type.

Watching my code in debug mode, I can see the valuve of sUPCSKU and
rsOrderLines("lcust").  There is no match in rsUPCWeb for these key values.
Seek
does not return an error, but rsUPCWeb.EOF is set FALSE after the seek,
indicating
a match.  Yet, dumping the keyfields from rsUPCWEB shows that they don't match
sUPCSKU and UCUST!

Anybody have any ideas?

TIA,

Chris