----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Barsa" <barsa@barsaconsulting.com>
To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 8:48 AM
Subject: Re: ACOM EZDocs 10 grand?

> Profitability is a good thing, both for the vendor, and the IRS.
>
> Al

Profitability is also good for our customers, and our clients.

midrange-l@midrange.com
>                       midrange-l-admin@m        cc:
>                       idrange.com               Subject:  ACOM EZDocs 10
grand?
> why ACOM EZDocs costs 10 grand?
>
> brad

Do you mean, why is it so inexpensive? Probably because it doesn't have all
the bells and whistles of a compelte archiving solution.

I have been thinking of splitting out our overlay system and making it a
forms product.
It's a small part of a complete archiving and document management solution.

You can accelerate your business processes by removing paper, which always
slows
the process down and introduces errors.

It amazes me that people still spend millions creating digital information,
then
summarize it and output it to paper, where it becomes a dead document. This
is apparently
intellectual inertia, since it is far cheaper and more convenient to keep it
as a digital
document.

In the USA, 10 grand is less than the full cost of an employee for about 1/3
of a person-year.
A document management system that stores spool files is going to save ten to
hundreds of times its cost
over the life of the product, while improving decision making speed and
skill, improving
customer service and competitiveness.

Even the clunky AS/400-based solutions will do this. A good PC-based
solution will
do even more.

With a digital document management system, your output remains part of
your information inventory, and it continues to create a return on your
entire information processing investment. Paper documents, on the other
hand,
become an immediate and continually expanding expense, and a drag on the
company's business process besides.

I tell people, buy any one of my competitors solutions, and you will still
be much better
off than not having a solution at all.

And if you want to continue wasting a lot more money than a software
solution
costs, keep doing the paper process you are doing now, while falling farther
and
farther behind your competition. You might as well take out your wallet and
set it on fire,
as continue'to print, store, and handle paper reports.

Brad Jensen
www.elstore.com