I need to copy a file from the IFS folder to an AS400 file.  The file is
coming from something called RJE using PC based software (3770 Link) to dial
in and download it.  They are transmitting it in EBCDIC and I have mapped a
drive to the IFS folder and set the software to put it there.  The problem
comes when I am trying to get it into an actual AS40 file.  I have tried the
various CPYF commands and the closest I came was using:

QSYS/CPYFRMIMPF FROMSTMF('\gecc\ntpd3rcv.004') TOFILE(JGIUSTO/TPPGECCRU)
MBROPT(*REPLACE) RCDDLM(*ALL) STRDLM(*NONE) RMVBLANK(*NONE)

But it seems to be trying to translate it from an expected ASCII to EBCDIC.

I get something like this:
þ@@@@@±Óa±ÔaÓã@@@@@±±Ù÷±÷@@@@@±Óa±ÔaÓã@@@@@Ø
%±÷ÓÍÙÔÕÓÔÓÓÓã±ÙÕÔ@ÔÍÙ°±ãÓÕ÷ÓÓÓÓÒ÷°@Óã±ÓÓ°@ãÔÍ@ÓÓ

when I am expecting this:
H     10/15/02     114616
D16099999500021495 53999909

I am able to get it over with FTP in binary mode from the PC, but in order
to automate it (without storing the password in plain text which would be
need if creating a script on the PC), I was hoping to be able to use one of
the CPY commands since it is already on the IFS.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Joe Giusto II
Programmer/Analyst
Ritz Camera
Beltsville, MD