Hi All,

I have a performance question, one of our interface systems should put put a
large number of transactions into the as/400 machine and these transactions
should be processed within a certain limit of time.

what we have developed here in-house is just a program that runs as a
prestarted job every 30min, this program calls another third party module to
record the transactions...there are some cases that we need to performa lot
of payment transactions(at the end of month for example) and due to this
third party module takes a considerable time because it writes a lot of
records in many files we have a performance slow down due to the IO.

I am thinking about converting the prestart job to a DB trigger...
else can we do? If I spawn 4 jobs instead of one to process the payment does
it have any positive effect? Any H/W or S/W recommendations to speed up the
processing?

Thanks in advance for any help
Heba