At 11:58 10/11/2002, Steve Richter wrote:
ok, I am giving code400 a try and am getting nowhere.

After adding the as400 as a server I click the ptf's button and code400 just
sits there.  In another panel I attempt to retrieve the library list from
the as400 and again a long period of nothing followed by a code400
application crash.
Have you installed the latest service pack? It's important to do so. For
WDTS V4 (which ships with V4R1, it's currently service pack 2. There is
communications console application in the Communications (Windows start
button) menu where you can configure the host connections, and even verify
that you have all the required updates on the host. I've just installed it
at work (where my PC is not so great), and it works just fine. My only
complaint is the size of the install, and the fact that there's no
selective install feature. I had been running an earlier version, and I
found that I needed to start the communications daemon before starting the
editor. Now I don't need to do that anymore.

Pete Hall
pbhall@ameritech.net
http://www.ameritech.net/users/pbhall/index.html