On Friday 11 October 2002 2:25 pm, Draper, Dale wrote:
> How do I call a command (*CMD) in a library not in my *libl ?
>
> It's the easy stuff that always trips me up, well ok, also trips me up.
>

> Just finished installing DBG400 ( Thank you Martin )

Hi Dale

Thanks :) - I hope it works well for you.

> and want to call a
> command in the DBG400 library while this library is not in my LIBL.

The commands don't come with PRDLIB(DBG400) so using a qualified command
without DBG400 in the *LIBL is likely to fail. You should be able to
change them all though if you prefer. I've not usually bothered as the
library is in my *LIBL, and I occasionally run it with copies of files in
other libraries that need to be picked up in preference to those in
DBG400, which won't happen if it's the PRDLIB.

There are also a couple of commands (CRTPGMFSET & EXCDBGSCP) that
self-submit to batch if run interactively, and I don't think the PRDLIB
carries through to the batch job, so they can't find the program.
Obviously that wouldn't be a problem if you submit the qualified command
(with PRDLIB set) in the first place.

If you have any DBG400 specific questions they should probably be posted
to the OSS400 list, or just email me direct.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net    /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /