Having the CDs can be a problem. It'd sure be nice if we had a "clearing house"
that maintained a list of locations willing to share old CDs. I need to bring a
V4R2 system up to V5R1 (or V5R2) but have no intermediate CDs. Because I also
have hardware to add along the way and because of the need to do a full install
of everything due to no direct upgrade path to V5R1, I'd be happy to use any
available intermediate CDs for a couple temporary stopping points. A 70-day
restriction wouldn't be an issue; software subscription, hardware maintenance,
etc., are all current.

You'd think old CDs from IBM would be a no-brainer, but IBM can sometimes stand
for "I Brain Missing"! (I had no control over ordering upgrade CDs for the V4R2
system in the past otherwise I would've had them now.)

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.