We ended up getting this message eliminated by performing the QSYS/STRHOSTSVR
SERVER(*ALL) command. We were told not to use this anymore but I guess that was
bad info.

We are now periodically getting the following message:  Message . . . . :
Usage limit exceeded - operator action required.
 Cause . . . . . :   The usage limit for product 5722XW1, license term V5,
   feature 5050 has been exceeded. License user *JOB for job
   855248/QUSER/QZSCSRVS was added with 1 uses. The system operator has been
   notified.

Not sure what this is for. The product is: 5722XW1  V5        5050    Client
Access/400 Windows Family Base  and we did not receive a license for this.
We do have a *NOMAX for product: 5722XW1  V5R1M0    5101    Client Access/400
Windows Family Option 1

What is the difference?

Dave

>>> <rob@dekko.com> 9/23/02 1:35:32 PM >>>
Has anyone actually followed this document and have it work?  I am
thinking of doing so.

What we've done with the users is upgrade their Client Access.  Either put
on V5R2 and the latest service pack, or put on the latest service pack for
the version of Client Access they were running.  The help desk is really
scrambling on this today after upgrading the 840 12 way this weekend.  I
told them several months ago this would happen.

We have one plant that is a little torqued.  Despite numerous urgings to
get the heck off their old DOS based PC's and do barcoding from their BPCS
application like the rest of our plants they haven't.  Now these PC's are
failing.  The QuickBasic programs are returning bad values from shared
folders.  However DIR and other DOS commands return the correct values.
VP of IS - fishing in Wisconsin
Chief of development - backpacking in Appalachia
Guy who wrote the PC application years ago - something like 'they were
warned...'
System Analyst for that division - 1 day vacation day

I'll see what the lead analyst wants to do...

Benjamin Franklin

bdietz@3x.com
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
09/22/2002 02:52 PM