Justin Houchin wrote:

I need some help. We have are QBATCH subsystem setup to only
run one job at a time. This is so that when running sales reports, only
one will run at a time
I don't think it's a good idea to run batch jobs in QINTER either.

Did you know:

1) A subsystem can have multiple job queues.  Our QBATCH subsystem has 4
job queues:

QBATCH:  does production work.
DQUERIES:  handles Query/400 submissions.
PGMJOBQ:  is for me only so my compiles don't hold anything else up(and
vice versa <g>)
NIGHT:  Gets released at night only for various housekeeping, file
reorgs, and whatnot.

2) A single job queue can be like 9 job queues in 1 with the use of
JOBPTY parm when submitting.  With the CHGJOBQE command, you can allow X
number of jobs from a job queue to be active at once, yet only a single
job at a time for a job queue priority.  The following is how we have
QBATCH set up.  Even though 4 jobs can be active from QBATCH job queue,
they are single threaded within priority.  You could submit sales jobs
with a JOBPTY(7) for example, and they would not interfere with JOBPTY
1-6 and 8-9.  HTH.

                        Change Job Queue Entry (CHGJOBQE)

 Type choices, press Enter.

 Subsystem description  . . . . . > QBATCH        Name
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . .     *LIBL       Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
 Job queue  . . . . . . . . . . . > QBATCH        Name
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . .     *LIBL       Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
 Maximum active jobs  . . . . . .   4             0-1000, *SAME, *NOMAX
 Sequence number  . . . . . . . .   *SAME         1-9999, *SAME
 Max active priority 1  . . . . .   1             0-99, *SAME, *NOMAX
 Max active priority 2  . . . . .   1             0-99, *SAME, *NOMAX
 Max active priority 3  . . . . .   1             0-99, *SAME, *NOMAX
 Max active priority 4  . . . . .   1             0-99, *SAME, *NOMAX
 Max active priority 5  . . . . .   1             0-99, *SAME, *NOMAX
 Max active priority 6  . . . . .   1             0-99, *SAME, *NOMAX
 Max active priority 7  . . . . .   1             0-99, *SAME, *NOMAX
 Max active priority 8  . . . . .   1             0-99, *SAME, *NOMAX
 Max active priority 9  . . . . .   1             0-99, *SAME, *NOMAX

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.