I thught I needed some help. I am at V5R1 of OS400,
latest SP of ClientAccess. I have set up a share for '/'
called 'Root'. I have text conversion turned on for
the 'mbr' extension.

I can open a source file member in CodeWright or
TextPad, say. However, I cannot save it back. I get a
message CPDA037 'Could not write to member xxx in file
xxxx in library xxxx' Reason code 1, which is '01 -- non-
sequential write. A write request was received
specifying an offset that was not zero and was not at
the file position established by the previous text mode
write to this member.'

I saw some APARs from v3rx that look like this problem
when using old CA network drives.

But I think it's solved -- I created a share of
QSYS.LIB, and it appears that everything is handled
correctly now. When the share was over '/', it did not
know how to handle the different file system
characteristics.

So this is cool - no need to use FTP or CPYTOSTMF or
whatever to get source members into a Windows text
editor.