(I dunno...  Perhaps this topic belongs on the Non-Tech List...?)

Leif,

Okay...

I have to fess-up.....  (Can I help it I was raised in the Chicago-area
until I wuz 14...?!? ;-)

And I'm sure You and Chuck KNOW that I GREATLY admire the way You stand on
Your principles.

However, I cannot help but look at the practical side of things, as well...

It's been noted that this was a VERY unscientific "survey".  How ELSE can
You explain the fact SOLARIS led the pack by a fairly wide margin...?!?
(And how did Windoze get ANY votes...?!? ;-)

The people at the Unix site can stand on their "high" principles, if they
want, but I haven't seen any explanation of why the iSeries was a late
entry, in the first place...  (Nor why the OS was referred to as "AS/400"
either.)

The method of restricting ballot stuffing ALSO prevented multiple people at
one site from voting for their favorite OS(/400!).

So, while I was caught red-handed, I'm not ALL that red-faced about voting
more than once.  I didn't vote every time I had the chance (because I still
use dial-up for email).  And, as someone pointed out, there are about 1000
list-members here...  Last I looked "AS/400" had only mustered about 300
votes, so I find that number to be rather under-representive, rather than
over-...!

I'm not speaking for anyone who voted more than once, of course.  And to
those who voted JUST once, again, I admire Your stand.

For those who didn't take John Earl's suggestion to take 17 seconds out of
Your day (other than Don) and who voted ZERO times...

Well..

..what can I say...?

(I probably erred on principle, and am missing a few bits m'self, but I took
the liberty of voting for mebbe a couple of Youse...;-)

jt