Tim

You probably want hex - those look like HP's output where <CR><LF> is x0D0A
in ASCII.

You might need to use a WSCST (workstation customization) object to handle
converting the ESC (x1B). That code wreaked havoc with our printers, as I
recall. The origginal solution used a 2-char sequence that was converted at
a DecisionData workstation to the ASCII ESC. But that did not work when we
moved to IP printing. Then we ran RTVWSCST against the printer
manufacturer/model (see the prompt of the command for a match with your
HP). Then I added an EBCDIC-ASCII translation section that used a
seldom-used character in ASCII to convert to the ESC. I used x9E, I think -
it was the character that looks like 'a' and 'e' stuck to each other. - Æ .
An example can be seen at
<http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/acf2ee1e9d64b16e8625680b00020389/4a3112207b82f0ae862565c2007d0dbf?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,ebcasctbl>.
You can find the values you need for the other code points in the WRKTBL
command - find the table that corresponds to the EBCDIC->ASCII translation,
display it , and build the DATA section of the WSCST accordingly.

Good luck

Vern