----- Original Message -----
From: <gassen@online.ie>
To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 12:41 PM
Subject: Spooled Report Distributor

> Hello All,
>
> Looking to email out spool files.
> Our people want only click click. no typing.
> Any suggestions?
> Let me know exact cost of what you suggest.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Brad

I'm a vendor. I am gong to describe a couple of products that
answer your request, and as you have also asked for pricing, I am
including that also.

We have several different solutions, depending on whether it's
one-time email or periodic.

We have a report archiving system, LaserVault, that downloads
spool files and stores them in archives, with full text and key
search capability. It will store AS/400 spool files or PDFs (also
spool files from Unix, mainframe, etc.)  It works with most forms
overlay packages, and you can also design your own form overlay
to be reprinted with the spool print page.

You can select one or more pages, and create a PDF (with or
without embedded overlay) to email to someone.

We have a separate product, Content Express, that is used for
automated emailing. It takes a report, splits it if necessary
into sections (like separate invoices, or sales reports by
region) then emails/prints/web posts the results (Users can log
on and pick any or all of these options.) It can also email these
burst reports to groups, such as all sales people.  Each
recipient has their own web logon with a list off al the reports
that have been sent to them, sort of their own personal archive.
You can also send other files besides reports.

Content Express also supports our overlay designer and
integration. Most users deliver the reports as PDF files.

Pricing of LaserVault is $17,500 for five concurrent users, with
additional charge for more concurrent users. We come and install
it onsite, and train the users for $2500 including airfare etc.
Slightly more installation outside the continental USA.

Content Express costs $12500 installed, with 1,000 recipient
accounts. Additional accounts cost $500 for 1000 accounts.

Maintenance on all of our products is 18% a year, starting 30
days after install.

We also have an imaging product, which I mention because of the
way it can work with the other product. For example, if you have
a delivery ticket, you can print it with Content Express, adding
a bar code in the overlay. Then take the delivery ticket, have
the customer sign it, and scan it back with our Image Everywhere
package with bar code recognition - and then you can send that
signed image as a PDF back through email to the customer who
signed it. Hands-free scanning and electronic proof of delivery.

IBM midrange is our major market, and we've been doing report
archiving since 1989.

There are simpler and cheaper solutions to just emailing
individual reports, including Gumbo and RJS.  Our solution is
more for people who are looking for a structured archive, or
automated report bursting and distribution.

Brad Jensen
www.elstore.com