Van: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]Namens Steve Landess
Verzonden: vrijdag 16 augustus 2002 21:37
Aan: midrange-l@midrange.com
Onderwerp: Multiple logons required when using STRPCO w/STRPCCMD to run
RTOPCB for file transfer

HELP!!!!!  I have searched the archives, but I have not found the answer to
this question....

What I want to accomplish is simple.  There are several users who need to
download data from several AS/400 files using Client Access file transfer,
so I created a CL program and put it on a menu so that they can run it upon
demand.  I also know that I can run it once on my terminal and copy the PC
files to a folder on the network or set up the file transfer definitions to
write the data to a network folder where they can copy them to their
systems.

The simple program below  was created to test this concept by running Client
Access file transfers via the STRPCO / STRPCCMD commands.  Here is the
sample code:

             PGM

             STRPCO
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)

             STRPCCMD   PCCMD('RTOPCB C:\DOWNLOADS\CSPEC1.DTF')
             STRPCCMD   PCCMD('RTOPCB C:\DOWNLOADS\CSPEC2.DTF')
             STRPCCMD   PCCMD('RTOPCB C:\DOWNLOADS\CSPEC3.DTF')
             STRPCCMD   PCCMD('RTOPCB C:\DOWNLOADS\CSPEC4.DTF')

             ENDPGM

Here is the technical question:  Each time that the RTOPCB command is
executed in the CL program, a signon window pops up and I have to log on
again.  Is there a way around this?

I seem to remember back in the "Old Days" of AS/400 PC Support, when you had
to start the router before starting any sessions, that this was not
necessary since the router maintained a connection with the AS/400 that
persisted until you ended the router.  Back then, you entered a user id &
password once, when you started the router.

Thanks in Advance...