I think that this has been disussed before but:

#1: On the SELECT RECORDS Screen, you need to use a colon (:) to qualify the
fields as follows:

                    Select Records
          Type comparisons, press Enter.  Specify OR to start each new group.
          Tests:  EQ, NE, LE, GE, LT, GT, RANGE, LIST, LIKE, IS, ISNOT...
        AND/OR  Field             Test   Value (Field, Number, 'Characters', or
        ...)
                MALQT             EQ     :ALLOC
         AND    LACDT             EQ     :ISSDT

        Bottom

        Field           Text
        Len  Dec
        ITNBR           Item number
        15
        HOUSE           Warehouse
        3
        ITCLS           Item class
        4
        MALQT           Manufacturing allocated quantity
        10    3
        QTSMO           Quantity sold this period
        11    3

        More...
        F3=Exit          F5=Report          F9=Insert          F11=Display names
        only
        F12=Cancel       F13=Layout         F20=Reorganize     F24=More keys

     A second screen will pop-up:  (You can specify any file in use by the
     query)

                             Specify Dependent Value Qualifiers
        Type choices, press Enter.
          Qualifier type . . . .   2              1=Query, 2=File
          Query or file  . . . .   ITEMBL         Name, F4 for list of files
            Library  . . . . . .     AMFLIBT      Name, *LIBL, F4 for list
          For choice 2=File:
            File member  . . . .   *FIRST         Name, *FIRST, F4 for list
        F3=Exit            F4=Prompt          F10=Process/previous
        F12=Cancel
        F13=Layout         F18=Files

#2: On a CL, use STRQMQRY command to run the query as follows:
   STRQMQRY
   QMQRY(Library_Name/QRYDFN_Name) ALWQRYDFN(*YES)
   SETVAR((ALLOC &ALLOC) (ISSDT &ISSDT))

   NOTE: Work fields must be type *CHAR, no matter that the field is a number on
the query.

   Peter Vidal
   PALL Aeropower Corp.
   Senior Programmer Analyst