Function: noun
Date: 1979
: a neutral elementary particle about 90 times heavier than a proton that along
:with the W particle is a transmitter of the weak
force -- called also Z0 or Z0 particle

or for:

Main Entry: ze.ner diode
Pronunciation: 'zE-n&r-, 'ze-
Function: noun
Etymology: Clarence M. Zener died 1993 American physicist