Why would you not use your DNS zone file keeping track of your IP
addresses? I am pretty sure DHCP can not be a name (because DHCP can assign
the DNS servers and gateway, and without the DNS IP addreses you could not
convert a name to an IP address) but you could put TXT record in the DNS
file for it or even give it a name, just not use it. I am assuming you only
have one zone file and not a bunch of them. I use a source file on the
AS/400 to keep track on mine, because I have a lot of DNS files.

John Ross