From: "Tom Liotta" <thomas@inorbit.com>
To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 2:31 PM
Subject: Re: Free SEU (was Re: no subject)

> Paul:
>
> Your message reads like you're arguing that IBM should give it away so
that you don't have to use your own machine to create FTP batch scripts that
were used to dump a customer's AS/400. I'm not sure an argument coming from
that direction would be very convincing for IBM. <g>

> Tom Liotta

IBM
> > basically abandoned the customer, and now they're working on migrating
> > ORACLE. Their software vendor wouldn't make the source code available to
> > them, and told them that PDM was unnecessary. With the source code and
PDM,
> > they could have come up with the mods they needed to keep them on the
400
> > platform. It's not like they don't have the money to spend ($600 million
> > construction company), it's just the way they were treated. Now ORACLE
has a
> > new customer.
> >
> > I'm using SEQUEL to create the data to pump from the 400 to the ORACLE
> > system, but I had to use my own machine to create the FTP batch stuff to
> > actually move the files.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be nice if IBM threw in a CL creation and editing tool (more
> > than CRTCLPGM) as part of the operating system? There is supposedly a
> > project going on to introduce a new and improved version of CL. Come on,
> > IBM, please GIVE AWAY an editing tool. Pretty please? :-))
>

> --
> http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup
>
> Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.

http://oas-central.realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/mail.com/columbi
ahouse/1112745096/x09/ExactAdv/ColumbiaHouse_IO473_7.19_8.19/blank.gif/63663
2633232383133383736634333430