        From:   Jeff Bull [SMTP:Jeff.Bull@itm-group.co.uk]
        Sent:   Monday, July 22, 2002 6:54 AM
        To:     'midrange-l@midrange.com'
        Subject:        RE: Problem with FTP script file

        I used an FTP script some time ago to automate an application
interface; I
        also used SEU to edit the original text; I recall having the same
kind of
        problem with the line number and date fields (SRCSEQ and SRCDAT).  I
feel
        sure I overcame the problem by using CRTPF to create a file named
SRCDTA,
        record length = 80, then used CPYF FMTOPT(*MAP *DROP) to put the
data into a
        straight data file - it worked a treat as I recall.

        Jeff Bull