Ken,

Are you saying that you have specifically identified your PC in your
host file on the AS/400?  If you have, why?  I have used a number of
versions of client access, including V3R2, in a client DHCP environment,
and never encountered an error such as you describe.

I assume that you are using a straight TCP/IP connection.
Are you assigning workstation names at the client (i.e. DEV01PC)?
Are you allowing virtual devices to autoconfigure?

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse