hey, all - I found in the archives a program that will retrieve the files
used by an query/400 qrydfn obj.

at:  http://archive.midrange.com/repository/extqrydef.htm

I've compiled it with BNDDIR(QC2LE) and DFTACTGRP(*NO), and it compiles
fine.

When I run it, I get this error messages:

If you have any ideas right off the top of your head, or just tell me to
RTFM.

Thanks,
Rick
---------
Message ID . . . . . . :   MCH6801
Date sent  . . . . . . :   07/02/02      Time sent  . . . . . . :
14:40:59
Message . . . . :   Object domain or hardware storage protection violation.
Cause . . . . . :   An attempt was made to use a blocked instruction or to
  access a protected object.  The object that was accessed is BATCHEDT. The
  space class is X'00'.  The space class designates the type of space as
  follows:
    00-primary associated space (includes space objects)

and this message just after it:

Message ID . . . . . . :   RNQ0202
Date sent  . . . . . . :   07/02/02  Time sent  . . . . . . : 14:40:59

Message . . . . :   The call to setsppfp ended in error (C G D F).

Cause . . . . . :   RPG procedure QRYDFNR in program PSUTIL/QRYDFNR at
  statement 328 called program or procedure setsppfp, which ended in error.
  If the name is *N, the call was a bound call by procedure pointer.
Recovery  . . . :   Check the job log for more information on the cause of
  the error and contact the person responsible for program maintenance.
Possible choices for replying to message . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :