>I would advise you though, since you are already gainfully employed in IT,
>that if you do go back to school, don't go for IT.  Take Dan Bale's advice
>major in business.  Focus on finance, economics, accounting, project
>management and resource management.  This will do you more good in your
>career goals than strictly computer science.

I wholeheartedly agree, but I might suggest that a minor in an Information
Management course of study would be beneficial as well, and probably would
not add a lot of hours.

In my case, I started out my college experience wanting to be a bean
counter.  Two semesters of accounting quickly changed my mind.  In the end,
I came away with a double major (two years earlier it would have been double
degrees, but they clipped that one!); I majored and degreed in Data
Processing (boy, that sounds old all by itself, doesn't it!), and also
majored in business management.  I have seen the business management major
on my resume catch more than one interviewer's eye.

- Dan Bale
(I am *NOT* "Dale"
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200105/msg00281.html )