Evan,

>sorry, if you were just comparing the machines I didn't see the point of a
>reference to CFINT unless there was some relevance from a 5250 point of
view.

By default Unix is multiuser. Since Unix does not have a CFINT or telnet
inhibitor, the full power or shared power is available to each user, however
many that may be.

The Xserver does have some limitations, right now it has the normal free
Unix
databases but Oracle is busy porting their main product to the box. It also
does not support quite as much RAM as the 270.

Both seem to be great products and the best values in their product lines.
I still can't figure why IBM wants to penalize users for green screen when
if they gave it away they actually might grow market share. The Java, Linux
market they are persuing already has capable, reliable players with far less
cost and lower maintenance fees. They have to resort to silly TCO
calculations
to even get in the ballpark with everyone else with the iSeries these days.

Regards

Konrad