Jim,

I think there was a microcode update that was required for some 3590-E
drives.  I seem to recall that this malfunctioning microcode had to be
updated before the drive worked properly.  Below is an PTF(MF26423) for V4R5
that updates the microcode...

http://www-912.ibm.com/a_dir/as4ptf.NSF/ba69c1e74e2b109e862566ba005a8698/1a7
08d7f07f291a886256a220047bd46?OpenDocument

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Project Manager (BSG)
940-898-7863 or ext. 1863